Kristen M. Barrett
Providing Skilled Legal Representation with Compassion and Dedication
Kristen Barrett has been representing clients in legal matters throughout the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia since 1999. Mrs. Barrett devotes the majority of her time to family law, including divorce, custody, support, property allocation and general litigation cases. She has prior appointments by the Circuit Court of Montgomery County, Maryland to provide legal assistance to minor children in complex custody litigation. She is also trained as a civil mediator and in collaborative law. She is skilled at all methods of dispute resolution including negotiation, mediation, collaborative law, and litigation in order to obtain the best results in all matters.
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D.
- Boston University, College of Arts & Sciences, B.A.
- Parent Volunteer, North East Elementary School
- Harford County Bar Foundation, Lawyer Volunteer
- MOM'S Club of Elkton, Past Board Member
- Montgomery County Pro Se Project, Montgomery County, Maryland, Past Volunteer Lawyer
- Rebuilding Together, Montgomey County, Maryland Past Volunteer
- Maryland, 1999
- District of Columbia, 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court Bar, 2004
- Federal District Court of the District of Maryland, 2007
- Federal District Court of the District of Columbia, 2007
- Kristen M. Milardo, "Identifying the High Conflict Divorce/Custody Case and Thwarting the Potential for Parental Abduction" Trial Report Summer 2002, Maryland Association for Justice (formerly Maryland Trial Lawyers Association) Journal Publication