About the Firm
Proven Bel Air Business and Family Law Firm Serves Individuals, Companies and Communities
Established Maryland attorneys handle a wide range of legal challenges
Stark and Keenan, P.A. is a prestigious Bel Air law firm dedicated to providing comprehensive, cost-effective representation for a wide range of legal matters. Whether your situation relates to a personal, business or municipal matter, we are dedicated to finding the best possible solution. Serving the greater Baltimore metro area, our clientele includes small and large businesses, individuals and families, community colleges and government entities. Regardless of the particular client or forum, we are known for our skill, intelligence and commitment to producing positive results.
Dedicated Harford County litigators aggressively pursue clients’ goals
No law firm can guarantee a particular outcome, but retaining the right attorney is the first step toward tackling your legal challenge successfully. In Harford County and the surrounding areas, clients recommend and remain with us because they have found us to be:
- Respected leaders — Over the decades, our lawyers have built a trusted reputation among colleagues and throughout the community. Firm principals Elwood V. Stark, Jr., Charles B. Keenan, Jr. and Gregory A. Szoka have earned AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of their legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with their work
- Knowledgeable advisers — As legal counselors with extensive experience in the fields where we practice, we give clients an advantage by identifying pertinent legal standards and creating a unique strategy designed to achieve their specific objectives.
- Experienced litigators — When your case is being resolved in court, a settlement discussion or some type of alternative dispute resolution process, key choices must be made quickly and correctly. Our lawyers are experienced litigators who are familiar with local courts and know how to anticipate and counter tactics used by adversaries.
Should you require representation in a personal, business or community legal matter, we will act promptly to serve you in a professional, cost-effective manner.
Areas of Practice
Skillful advocates take on family, business, injury and property cases
Our firm assists a diverse group of Maryland clients in the following areas of law:
- Family law — If you’re dealing with a family law challenge, such as a divorce or child custody dispute, we have the skill and sensitivity to help you manage a life change successfully.
- Business law — Whether you’re seeking counsel regarding business formation, the creation of a buy-sell agreement to protect your ownership interest or litigation stemming from a commercial dispute, our attorneys are reliable advisers and advocates.
- Municipal law — We represent private clients, nonprofits and government bodies in a full range of municipal law matters, including cases involving tax issues.
- Real estate — Maximizing the value of real estate is a key concern for individuals and businesses. Regardless of the type of property, we offer sound guidance on transactions and title insurance, land use and zoning matters and litigation that stems from property disputes.
- Estate planning and elder law — Preserving the assets you’ve accumulated over a lifetime and transferring them efficiently requires careful planning. For all types of estate planning and probate tasks, such as the drafting of wills and trusts, we work diligently to enforce our clients’ wishes.
- Personal injury — After you’ve suffered a personal injury caused by someone else, our dedicated litigators press for appropriate compensation through a verdict or settlement.
- Employment law — Drawing on our deep understanding of state and federal employment law, our firm assists workers and businesses in contract matters, discrimination actions and other workplace actions.
We are proud of our standing in the community and our strong track record. If you need representation in any of these areas, our lawyers are ready to work diligently on your behalf.
Speak with an accomplished Maryland attorney regarding your legal matter
Stark and Keenan, P.A. represents clients throughout the greater Baltimore area. We handle a wide array of personal, business and municipal legal matters. Please call or contact us online
to schedule a consultation. Our offices are in Bel Air and Baltimore.